Thursday 18 April 2013

Review: Revlon Cream Eyeshadow.

Hello Everyone.. 

Hey, I am back.Yayy..I know it feel like ages since the last time I wrote. I have been so caught up with exams and assignments. But could not keep myself anymore to start writing again..:)

Today I am going to review the Revlon Cream Eye shadows. Revlon came up with this eye shadows long time back. I do not remember but I may have bought this eyeshadow palette 2 yrs back. This were my very first cream eye shadows, and as it was from Revlon, and I was very excited to try out the product.


 I own the Warm Reflections. This palette includes four colors- a shimmery white, a light silver color, a brown and dark silver shades. 

                                             Swatches

My thought on the product:

When I first bought it, I was expecting decent results. What I didn't know at the time that, I will be so disappointed. The packaging is quite good with plastic black body and transparent lid. The product quantity is decent for four colors in a palette. 

The colors are build able, blend able and very creamy on the lids. The shades give off nice effect on the lids, and the swatches explains the reason I loved the shades- such pretty colors.

We all know cream eye shadows are very oily, therefore needs to be set with powder eyeshadow. Usually cream eye shadows can also be used as a substitute to eye primer to enhance the look. I applied the same technique, and was happy with the initial result.
What upsets me is the after result. Within half an hour, I looked at the mirror and argg!! My eye shadows creased like crazy. I stopped using it. But gave it another chance with eye primer without setting with eye shadow, but again it failed to stand up to my expectations. So, this now list as "Miss" product in my collection.:(


Pros:
  • Good Packaging
  • Small in size therefore, user friendly
  • Beautiful colors and good payoff.
  • Very creamy on the lids.
  • Affordable price
Cons:
  • Crease a lot even after setting with powder eye shadow.
  •  The shades contains a lot of glitter and it scatters all over and outside the lid.


Rating:




Overall, I really didn't like the result the product gives. It claims to give off " amazing multicolor luminosity" which it gives but at the same time crease like there is no tomorrow!! 
Do I recommend it?? No way!!! I believe there are other good products out there to try, within the same price range. ( do not remember the price of this product).
If you liked this post, please send me your feed backs. I will love to read and share your views. 











With Love,
Tania

No comments:

Post a Comment