Saturday 20 April 2013

Review: Clinique 3 Step Skin Care Solution

Hello Everyone...
Happy Saturday..:)

I have been wanting to try out some Clinique skin care for a long time. But with the price tag and the mixed reviews, I always find myself in dilemma to buy the full sizes. I had my eyes on the 3 step skin care solutions. Luck favored my wish, and a face book page carried a sample size of the 3 step solution. I was so in ecstasy especially to try out the ever raved moisturizing lotion.


What Clinique says:

The 3 Step Skin Care helps " Create the cleanest, healthiest version of your skin and Just 3 products, 3 minutes twice a day".


 The 3 steps are~

  • Step1: Cleanse - Non-drying formulas leaving skin feeling fresh, clean and comfortable
  • Step 2 : Exfoliate - Sweeps away pollution, excess oil, dulling flakes to reveal fresher skin.
  • Step 3 : Moisturize - Gives skin the "Drink" it needs to maintain optimum moisture balance.
This skin care is available for very dry to dry skin, dry combination skin, combination/oily skin and oily skin types.

My thought on the product:

      1. Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild

The first step is the liquid soap or face wash. It comes in a green tube with a screw able lid, which is very hygienic to use. The product is transparent with a gel like texture. It gives out a good amount of foaminess and leaves the skin clean and fresh like a regular face wash. There is nothing extra ordinary about this product, just an everyday face cleaning product. But there is a but in there- I felt my skin drying after using the product ( my skin is combination and the product says dry combination). I felt the face work is cleaning my face, but at the same time it is kind of harsh, stripping away moisture as it cleanse. It may clean away simple makeup like face powder but it is not good to clean heavy makeup.

    2.  Clinique Clarifying Lotion


It is named to be Clarifying lotion,in simple words It is a toner basically an alcoholic toner. Toner helps to remove away dirt and other impurities or makeup from the face after washing the face. I am fascinated by the work a toner does, but this product just disappointed me very much. On the first day of use, i didn't like the alcoholic smell, but loved the refreshing, tingling feeling it gave after using the product and it was very soothing too. The effect stayed for 5 minutes and I realized my face looks more cleaner and healthy. But after couple of use, the tingliness became uncomfortable- I felt my face is burning and I could even see some zits popping up. The alcoholic based toner didn't work out for me sadly even though I liked it at the beginning.

   3. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion



I have heard so much about this product. All my favorite you tube gurus and many others said this lotion is a must try. I even checked the full sized of this lotion, but i wasn't sure whether this will suit me or not. The sample comes in a cute little bottle with decent amount for try out version. It is a yellow based lotion, very creamy to the touch, slightly runny in texture, with a weird medical smell to it. I didn't like the smell at all, but the lotion is just awesome, so I try ignore it.. The first time I tried it, I felt silky smooth, moisturized skin. This is a little heavy for day time use, especially for me but ideal for night time. According to me, this will work as a very good night cream. I found this moisturizer didn't react on me.

Overall, among the three products, I liked the Dramatically Different Lotion the most. The face wash is fine but the clarifying lotion/toner..not much of a fan anymore!! As a whole, the 3 step solution didn't impress as much as I hoped for. It have worked for many but maybe I did not pick the right skin type step solution or the products didn't suit my skin type.

I hope you all liked the post. For any enqueries or feedback you can contact me on my face book page Lippaholic Indeed.











With Love,
Tania


No comments:

Post a Comment