Friday 28 June 2013

ELF Mineral Foundation: Reviews and Swatches

Hiyaa Everyone :D

Did I ever mention that I am a powder girl?? I mean, seriously, I just love powders whether it be foundation or just a translucent powder. I find powders to be quick and a best friend when I am running out late for class. But today, I am going to talk about a favorite mineral foundation of mine from ELF :D.


About Product:

"Our weightless Mineral Foundation will help you achieve healthier illuminating skin. Infused with key Vitamin E for rich antioxidants that hydrate and replenish the skin. Our powder foundations blend naturally into the skin, and are so light that they work with your skin color to create a perfect color match. All of our foundations contain SPF 15 and are mineral based with no parabens, no preservatives and no chemical dyes."
Price: $5

My take on the product:

Looking at the very first time, the foundation comes in a transparent circular tub with black plastic lid, but the tub is very small. Then again for a price range of only $3 (after discount), I felt its worth it. Opening the lid, there is plastic barrier which is a good idea, though I removed it anyway. 

The only issue I have is unhygienic possibility of the packaging. It is messy to use the powder from the tube, and I need to pour some on to the lid, which sometimes makes it more messier and dirty as powders tend to fly everywhere!!


Among the four shades available on the site, I chose the Light, as it seemed to be the one matchable (site swatch is so confusing!!)


As the foundation is mineral, it comes in finely grinned skin tone powder form. The powder is very smooth to the touch, feels velvety on the skin. 
When I first used the product, it seemed too white for my yellow tone skin, leaving a white cast on the face. Then after a minute or two, it seemed to settle into the skin leaving a velvety, good skin. Honestly, I love the finish of this powder. 

Being a mineral foundation, it has no parabens and other harmful chemicals that are usually bad for skin, but it hardly fulfills the need of coverage. The powder is good for controlling oil and mattifying skin, and covers as little as balancing the skin texture but it does not work towards covering any acne scar or blemishes.

Another Con of this product is, the powder tend to cake up if used after liquid foundation. As the powder itself is a foundation, therefore it is wise to use it on its own then with any liquid form of makeup. 

Overall, I love this as my morning go to powder. The powder leaves a beautiful velvety glowing skin, which I like and staying power is also decent. Usually I love the ELF Studio powder brush to use with the product.
 

My Final Verdict

I love this product and it is a good one to try for the price. I will not suggest it, if you are looking for a powder with coverage quality. But for a quick skin balancing glowing skin, this works just fine. But then again there are many other mineral foundation such as Maybelline Mineral Power foundation which may work just tad bit better than this with the same price tag.
I hope You all enjoyed the post. Thank You :D





No comments:

Post a Comment