Saturday 1 June 2013

Jordana Matte Lipsticks: Review and Swatches

Hello Everyone :)
After a long vacation from my blog, I am super excited to start writing here again. Well, I have been in a melodrama of my emotional struggle this days and it really feels good to be back to something real and mine :).


So today, I am going to share with you about some local lipsticks. Jordana USA is a very well known brand locally in Bangladesh. The brand Jordana Cosmetics features modern packaging, advanced formulas and trendsetting-shade ranges. These unique distinctions have earned Jordana unparalleled dedication, complete product satisfaction and the subsequent loyalty of consumers. 

         ( L-R 42 Terra Cotta, 38 Taupe, 28 Natural, 37 5th Avenue)
 About the Product:
Opaque Matte Coverage
• Non-Drying, Comfortable
• Long Wearing & Non-Feathering
• Velvety-Smooth Feel
• Made In USA


My take on the Product:

Lets begin with the packaging. The lipsticks come in a Golden-ish plastic bullet with a black plastic handle at the end to keep the lipstick in standing position and a transparent white cover lid. From the very look, this packaging looks cheap and breakable but for the price it is good enough.

Now on the product. This lipsticks range in many colors from browns nudes to deep red. I own only specifically four colors, among which two are my most favourite. Many love the fact that they range in different colors and very affordable and available too. Being a lippi fan that I am, one must assume I should own a great many then only this four lipsticks. One thing that really puts me off from buying this lipsticks are the formula. The formula is very hard and not at all moisturizing on the lips. On cracked lips, this looks disastrous!!

                   ( One of the lipstick fell off my hands and broke :( ) 

                                                                 Swatches   

  • 42 Terra Cotta ~ This is a coral-ish orange color that looks beautiful on the lips. I have not expected this orange to look so beautiful, even when swatches it makes me smile. According to  me, this is a must have shade for every girl.
  • 28 Natural ~ This is a very interesting color. Not quite so corals, nor so orange, but gives out a very between orange-pink color. Looks pretty on fair and yellow toned skin. The only drawback is, it gives out a white cast color which is sometimes very irritating.
  • 37 5th Avenue ~ I believe this is an universal color. A beautiful brownish shade, which is not so dark and not even that sheer but works wonderfully as an everyday shade. 
  • 38 Taupe ~ I bought this lipstick out of curiosity. On first glance, I did like the color and grabbed it. On the lips it looks good but nothing fancy. It is just another purple-ish pink color but sadly it comes sheer in my lips.

Prons:
  • Variety of colors.
  • Affordable.
  • Available Locally.
  • Looks good on the lips.
  • Non-drying Formula, therefore Matt.
Cons:
  • Cheap Packaging
  • Formula is not so moisturizing
  • Many colors look similar on the range
  • Sheer appearance on the lips.
  • Dry formula, not good for cracked lips.
Overall, this lipsticks are good for a price range of Bdt 140 and works good enough for everyday use. But this are not so wonderful especially for the drying formula and the cheap packaging.
Do I suggest this lipsticks?? Well, this aren't the best, but this aren't so bad to not give this a try at least. Especially being Matt, this lippis are very drying but many may love this kind of lipsticks and I do urge to give this a go. :)

I hope you all liked the post. Thank You <3

 
 
 
 

           

No comments:

Post a Comment