Sunday 2 June 2013

Revlon Colorstay Foundation: Review and Swatches

Hello Everyone :)
Happy Sunday...

Today I am going to talk about one of my favorite foundations. Honestly, I am a big powder fan. I hardly opt for foundation only when I badly needed to use it. I love to stay natural and fresh looks are my first option. :) 
 
I have seen so much rave about this particular foundation among the beauty gurus and in different blogs. You all may already know, I am a big Revlon Fan. I have great expectations from their products and honestly I am damn satisfied. This foundations come in a wide range of colors for both normal to dry and combination to oily skins.


About the Product:
Long wearing coverage with a lightweight formula that won’t cake, fade, or rub off. With Time Release Technology specifically formulated for combination or oily skin to control oil absorption and shine. Your look stays flawless throughout the day.

  • Makeup feels comfortable and wears up to 24 hours.
  •  Medium to full coverage.
  • Comes in 20 beautiful shades. 
My take on the Product:
About the packaging first. The foundations come in sturdy transparent glass bottles with a black screw in lid. The bottle is quite heavy, and being a glass material, therefore needed more careful handling. One of the main drawback of this foundation is that, the lid is an open bottle with no squeeze in pump or other means. The product needs to be poured out in order to use, which most times becomes very messy. Moreover, with this kind of open lid, there is more chances of hygienic issues. Another very important drawback is that, as there is no pump, more products may come out which may go to waste.


Now to the best part. Ever wonder why this products have so many positive comments?? Well I do and that is the reason I bought it. And I haven't regret it ever!! I have this for Combination Oily skin and the shade is Warm Golden. The shade is more on the yellow tone. The formula of this foundation is very thick and sometimes it becomes difficult, as i have heard, to match the right shade, being a drugstore brand. The coverage is medium to full, which is the best part of this foundation. The finish is matte, which is a wonderful for usually combination-oily skin, as well as for acne-prone skin. The foundation is known for its staying power. According to my experience, It stayed for around 7-8 hours on my face, after some powder buffing once or twice off course.

One problem faced while applying this foundation is that, the formula dries out quickly. Therefore it has to be applied quickly for a suitable finish. Brush is good to use, but mostly I find my figures to give better finish then brush, The warmth of the figures help the formula to break better on the face, bringing out a smooth finish. It is best to set the powder with foundation, but it is not compulsory for this foundation.

While applying this foundation I use a technique. Usually this foundation looks too white or yellow once applied, but gradually suits to the skin tone. For more natural look, I take a sponge wedge, wet it, squeeze the excess water and pat the wedge on my face and let it dry for a while. This way the foundation blends more nicely and doesn't look cakey.

Pros:
  • Medium to full coverage
  • Matte finish
  • Gives out beautiful coverage and finish.
  • Suitable for acne-prone skin
  • Stays for a long time. 
Cons:
  • Glass bottle, risky to handle
  • Hygienic Issues
  • Chances of waste of product
  • Dries out quickly
  • Lots of shades, difficult to find the right one.
  • Thick formula, may get cakey if applied too much.
Overall, the foundation is a must try for them who want medium to full coverage. I love this foundation very much inspite of all the cons. The drawbacks are nothing compared to the after result the foundation gives. And yes, I do suggest to give this foundation a try.

I hope you all liked the post. For more en queries, please comment below. I will like to listen to your view and ideas. Thank You <3
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment