Tuesday 7 May 2013

Revlon Lipstick~Review and swatches

                                "ON A BAD DAY THERE IS ALWAYS LIPSTICKS"
Hello Everyone,
Happy Tuesday. How are you all?

Finals are over for this semester and  finally I am so free...free to fly like a bird..at least for a little while:D
Meantime, I have not been fair with you all. Confused?? Yes I said it because although I did name my blog Lippaholic, but hardly shared all those lipsticks I own with you all. So, here I am with some, and one of my favorite lipstick brand "Revlon" <3


     
I have bought this lipsticks randomly from different places. I am a hardcore fan of Revlon Lipsticks, and strongly believe they look wonderful on the lips. Two of them are from the Lustrous and one from Moon Drops category, the latter is now discontinued :(.

About the Product:
  • Exclusive LiquiSilk™ formula with mega-moisturizers seals in color and softness
  • Silky-smooth, creamy texture
  • Stay true color wears evenly


Lets start with Packaging. Revlon Lipsticks are not at all hard to identify, as all their lipsticks have similar shapes of lipstick bullet with a golden band wrapped around, boldly written Revlon on them. The bullets are sturdy, strongly protecting the product inside. The clasp is also easy and user friendly. Revlon has always tried to put color label at the back of the tube, with name and category name and most of the time it comes out accordingly. The only difference is the Moon Drops lipstick comes in green color bulletin and a transparent lid on top to see the product, where the Lustrous has black color bulletin cover.



Now the yummy Lippis~

Revlon Moon Drops Lipstick in 225 ROSE BERRY  

  Rose Berry is one of my favorite everyday shade. I have come across this shade very randomly and fell in love instantly. This is a soft berry color, neither dark nor sheer, and give out a ripe color on the lips. The formula is Creme, which explains the glossy feel to it. It is very moisturizing and hard to miss color.


.
 This is how it looks on the lips.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks in 490 Mad About Mauve





This is one of the best pinks I own :D. Such lovely Barbie Pink color and the formula says Creme, so it glides effortlessly on the lips. Mad About Mauve is not actually a mauve color but on the pinkish side.  

   Price: 450 Bdt 
 More shades available on the Drugstore.com

                                                         This is how it looks on lips

 Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks in 235 Deep Nude



This is a very interesting shade, in my collection. The name is Deep Nude, but the color is nowhere near nude,rather it is Maroon-ish red. I chose this shade as a challenge, as hardly I use this sort of darkish color lipsticks. But once wore it on the lips, the color gives out beautiful berry red, and the best part is it compliments my olive skin tone.
The only disappointment is that, it has golden-ish glitter, no wonder the formula says "Pearl". I hate glitters yet the glittery particles are mild and not at all visible until looked very closely. But then again, the glitter stays on the lips and no one like chunks of glitter on the lips!!

Price: 450 Bdt
More shades available on Drugstore.com
                                                        



                                                       This is how it looks on lips

 Swatches
                                         ( L-R: Mad about Mauve, Deep Nude, Rosy Nude )


My take on the Lipsticks:

I love everything about Revlon lipsticks. My most used is the Rosy Nude, a perfect day time, everyday wear lipstick. Whenever I am in a hurry or confused which lippi I should wear, I reach for it the most, with some face powder, kajal and mascara.It brighten my face instantly, and looks equally gorgeous on the lips. The best part about this lipsticks are they are so moisturizing and evenly glides on the lips.

My currently obsessed shade is the barbie pink shade, Mad on Mauve. I cannot describe its beauty in words. When I wore it on my lips, all I could say was "WOW!!". The color is so complimentary and deadly beautiful. Really suits my skin tone and looks lovely with lavender or light pink dress :D. 
**A little suggestion though, Use lip pencil when using cream based lipsticks as they are most likely to go outside the lips.**

PROS:
  • Beautiful Color payoff
  • Creamy texture
  • Glides effortlessly on the lips
  • Moisturizing
  • Affordable
  • Sturdy packaging; User friendly.
CONS:
  • Need lip pencil to keep the product from gliding out of the lips.
  • May have chunky glitters, which can be disappointing.
  • Name labels are quite confusing, and may not be true to the color.
Overall, I feel lucky to own this lipsticks and love to play with this beautiful colors from time to time. I love the fact that I can wear them without the need for any balm, this are that creamy. 
Do I suggest them? Definitely. They are affordable, user friendly and creamy off course.
Hope you all liked the post. Share your queries and suggestions with me, I will love that.
Thank you.:)
  


















With Love,
  Tania

No comments:

Post a Comment